Senior Minister of State (SMS), Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Foreign Affairs,Dr. Mohamad Maliki bin Osman made a visit to the Republic of Lebanon from 8 to 12 May 2017.
SMS Maliki and accompanying Delegation make a visit to the Singapore General Consulate, he was welcomed by our HCG’s Joseph Habis and the Singapore staff at the Singapore Consulate- Sofil Center, Beirut-Lebanon.
SMS Maliki conveyed President Tony Tan Keng Yam’s invitation to President of the Republic of Lebanon General Michel Aoun to make a State Visit to Singapore.
SMS Maliki also met with Lebanon’s senior political leadership including:
- H.E.M. Nabih Berri ,Speaker of the National Assembly
- H.E.M. Saad Hariri, Prime Minister
- H.E.M. Gebran Bassil, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants.
- H.E.M.Yaacoub Sarraf, Minister of Defence
- H.E.M. Pierre Bou Assi, Minister of Social Affairs
- H.E.M. Nicolas Tueny ,Minister of State for Combatting Corruption.
- H.E.M. Mohamed Choucair,President of the Chamber of commerce,Industry and Agriculture of Lebanon
- H.E.M. Jamal Itani, Mayor of Beirut
- H.E. Judge Ziad Chebib,Governor of Beirut.
During the meetings, SMS Maliki affirmed the friendly relations between Singapore and Lebanon.
SMS Maliki delivered a public lecture at the American University of Beirut’s Issam Fares Institute of Public Policy and International Affairs , he also attended a dialogue session at the Lebanese Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, and spoke on Singapore’s economic developmental model and bilateral economic relations.
He met with Minister of Economy and Trade Raed Khoury on the sidelines of the dialogue session.